The answers to the following questions are displayed underneath each question.
Select the question to hide the answer.
What is direct deposit?
It's a safe, convenient and FREE way to have your paycheck deposited directly into your account each payday.
No more waiting in line. Your paycheck will be available to you the morning of your payday. You may choose
from two different methods:
- Full Direct Deposit. Have your full paycheck deposited each payday.
- Partial Direct Deposit. Have a specific dollar amount deposited each payday. Also, keep in mind
that if your payroll is ever less than the amount you have specified for direct deposit, nothing will
be sent to the Credit Union.
Who can have direct deposit?
Direct deposit is available to current employees of or retired from:
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS).
- Miami-Dade College (MDC - Full Time Employees).
As a part-time Miami-Dade College employee, you may still have direct deposit.
to fill out the direct deposit form and send the completed form to MDC - Human Resources.
To sign up for direct deposit, visit any branch
today. If you have additional questions,
please call our Member Contact Center
What if I work somewhere other than M-DCPS or MDC?
Talk to your employer. You may be able to have your payroll deposited through ACH. For a direct deposit form that you may use to give to your employer, click here
You will need to provide
your employer with the following information:
- Credit Union Name and Address:
South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union
7800 SW 117 Ave. Miami, FL 33183
- Credit Union ABA number (Routing and Transit Number) which is 267077821.
- Your Account Number in the following formats:
- Savings = use your 7 digit account number
- Checking = use your 14 digit account number as it appears on the bottom of your
Where will my money go?
You decide how to distribute your money. You can designate the amount you wish to have deposited to each
account type (checking, savings, vacation, etc.).
How can I verify my direct deposit was made?
How do I prevent interruptions in direct deposit when my work status changes?
Please call our Member Contact Center
immediately if you are:
- Changing your work schedule (e.g., if you changed from a 10-month employee to a 12-month employee).
- Going on or returning from a leave of absence.
- Resigned or Retired.
What if I am retired and receive Retirement and/or Social Security income?
Your retirement and/or social security income can be directly deposited into your account. It can also be
distributed to various share accounts, contact the Credit Union
for further details.
is the best way for you to get your Social Security
federal benefit payments. To enroll in direct deposit of your Social Security, Supplemental Security
Income (SSI) or other federal benefits
, you must have a Checking or Savings Account. Visit
to find out how you can enroll.
State of Florida Retirees may also
for retired payroll forms and more information.
As an M-DCPS employee, where can I find out more payroll information?
You may click here
to be directed to M-DCPS' site for the payroll department where you can find answers to the questions you may be
having about your payroll.