Using Your Debit and Credit Card in Other Countries
When traveling abroad, we recommend the following tips:
- Contact the Credit Union before traveling internationally to ensure your ATM, VISA® Debit or Credit card transactions are not restricted to your travel destination. Also, providing advance notification of your destination will help ensure that legitimate purchases are approved. It is in your best interest to call our Member Contact Center for updated information prior to your departure. Be aware that VISA® does charge a VISA® International Foreign Currency Conversion Service Charge for processing international transactions.
- Memorize your VISA® card Personal Identification Number (PIN). Memorizing your PIN will help you easily obtain cash from local ATMs. Your VISA® card can be used at approximately 1.7 million VISA® and PLUS ATMs worldwide. CAUTION: For security reasons, never write your PIN on your VISA® card.
- Keep your VISA® card account number and the lost/stolen customer service contact telephone number in a safe place (separate from your wallet or handbag).
- VISA® requires that magnetic-stripe cards be accepted everywhere VISA® is accepted.
- In countries that have adopted chip technology, international visitors may continue to use their non-chip enabled cards; most chip terminals will recognize and process a magnetic-stripe card.
- If you encounter a merchant who is hesitant to accept a non-chip card for payment, encourage the merchant to swipe the magnetic-stripe card through the terminal and follow the terminal prompts to complete the transaction.
- If you are using an unattended rail ticket kiosk or an automated fuel dispenser that does not recognize non-chip cards, present your card to an attendant or agent (e.g., at a ticket window).
- In some countries, you may be prompted to enter your PIN at a merchant terminal. It is not necessary to enter a PIN at a merchant location for magnetic stripe cards. You should be able to bypass the PIN request and proceed with the transaction by clicking "OK" on the terminal.
- If, for some reason, you are unable to use your VISA® card to make a purchase at a merchant location, you should be able to obtain cash from a local ATM.
- If any problems or concerns arise pertaining to your VISA® card, contact the Credit Union by dialing the phone number printed on the back of your card or on your monthly card statement. You may also contact VISA® Global Customer Care Services (visit www.visa.com/gcas to locate the toll-free number appropriate for the country in which you are traveling).