As an educational credit union, we've customized our student services and programs to fit your lifestyle. Our goal is to provide you with all the financial tools you need to succeed. We offer:
Each year, 15 Four-Year Florida Prepaid University Tuition Scholarships are awarded to graduating high school students. South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union (SFEFCU) has helped hundreds of students attend college since 1995.
Applications are available at the end of February each year and are usually due at the end of March.
- Be a High School Senior
- Be a resident of the State of Florida for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the application deadline
- Seniors or their parent/legal guardian must have had a SFEFCU account for at least one year prior to completing the scholarship application
- Student applicant must have a SFEFCU primary savings account (a savings account in their own name) by the application deadline
- Plan on attending one of the accepted schools
*Additional information is required and fully explained on the application when available.
The scholarship is awarded to the winners on the 3rd week of May, but cannot be used until the following Fall semester. Applicants not selected will not be notified.
South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union (SFEFCU) annually awards ten $1,000 Scholarships to Graduate School students who are selected randomly by a lottery drawing.
Applications are available in mid-September and are usually due the last Friday of October.
- Already be accepted into a Graduate School degree program and must already have a letter of acceptance
- Be a SFEFCU primary member for at least one year prior to applying
The winners' names will be posted on this website no later than the 3rd Monday of November. Winners must qualify and submit the required documents (see page two of application for details) for reimbursement within 60 days of the Graduate Scholarship notification or forfeit the scholarship. When the confirmed documents are received, the funds will be placed in the winners' account within 30 days. All graduate degree majors from regionally accredited universities or colleges will be accepted. Applicants not selected will not be notified.
No need to apply. All MDC students who are South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union (SFEFCU) primary members are eligible to win our MDC Tuition Reimbursement Scholarship.
- Be a Credit Union primary member
- Be enrolled in at least one credit course towards the completion of a MDC degree
- Complete the course with a "C" letter grade or better to receive reimbursement
This scholarship is awarded at the end of the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. The winner will be selected by lottery at the end of each semester and will be reimbursed that semester's tuition (up to $1,000). Proof of successful course completion and a receipt for courses paid will be required. Applicants not selected will not be notified.
Caution! — The scholarships and financial aid resources listed below are not affiliated with South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union. Be careful of any service or person guaranteeing you a scholarship for a service charge. Remember, anything that sounds too good to be true, probably is.
U.S. Department of Education, Federal Student Aid
FAFSA — The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to determine student's eligibility for federal grants, loans and work-study programs.
Florida Department of Education
Initial Student Florida Financial Aid Application — The Initial Student Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA) is the application for all state-funded student financial aid programs, including the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program.
Scholarship Page — Free search engines, private scholarships and transfer student scholarships.
Florida Fund for Minority Teachers
For more information on the Miami-Dade County Public Schools internship program, please visit their site.
Our services include MDC International students. We acknowledge the sacrifice involved in furthering your education and want to assist you with all of your financial needs. The following forms of identifications will be accepted for membership:
- Current Foreign passport
- Current US Government issued VISA
- Current Florida Driver License (or other US state issued DL)
- Current Florida issued Identification Card
Our high school branches are coordinated by a Credit Union staff member who is present during the school's branch hours of operation. Each high school branch works closely and is sponsored by a South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union branch.