Mobile Deposit FAQ
The answers to the following questions are displayed underneath each question. Click on the questions to open/close the answers.
What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is a convenient, secure and free service offered by South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union (SFEFCU) that allows you to use your smart phone to take digital images of your checks and deposit them into your account remotely from any location. Mobile Deposit is an enhancement to our existing Mobile Banking App.
How does Mobile Deposit work?
Using the SFEFCU Mobile App on your smart phone, select the Mobile Deposit option from the main menu. Tap on "Make Deposit", select your checking account and enter the check amount. Take a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check. You'll receive an email confirmation as well as a confirmation on the screen.
Which mobile devices does Mobile Deposit work with?
This product works with all Apple and Android devices.
Is there a charge to use Mobile Deposit?
SFEFCU offers this product to our members for free. However, there may be wireless carrier fees from your provider.
What are the requirements to use Mobile Deposit?
To use this service, members must meet the requirements below:
How do I sign up for Mobile Deposit?
Download the South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union Mobile App* to your smart phone and log in to your account with your current user name and password. Then, select the "Mobile Deposit" option from the main menu.
If you are already a Mobile Banking user and do not see the Mobile Deposit option from the main menu, please ensure you have the most recent version of our Mobile Banking App installed on your device.
*The SFEFCU mobile app is available for both Apple and Android smart phones/tablets and can be downloaded through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Does the check need to be endorsed?
Yes, all checks must be endorsed on the back by all payees.
What are the deposit limits?
The maximum deposit permitted on any given day is $3,000 with a maximum monthly deposit limit of $15,000.
How many checks can I deposit?
You can deposit up to seven checks per day as long as the daily/monthly deposit limit has not been reached.
When will my funds be available?
Checks deposited using Mobile Deposit will be made available as stated in our Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions under the heading "Mobile Deposit Funds Availability Policy". However, funds may not be made available to you for longer periods of time under certain circumstances. Deposits are subject to limits, verification and other restrictions.
How long should I hold onto a check after depositing it through Mobile Deposit?
Keep the paper check for 60 days after it is deposited. Once the deposit shows as complete on your account history, we recommend you write "mobile deposit" on the front of the check to alert yourself that you have already deposited the check.
Are there any types of checks that cannot be submitted using Mobile Deposit?
- Checks payable to any person(s) other than the primary or joint owner of the account
- Savings Bonds
- Checks not payable in U.S. currency
- Checks containing an alteration, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn
- Checks that have previously been submitted through Mobile Deposit or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution
- Checks that are incomplete, post-dated or stale-dated, made payable to a third party, or stamped with a "non-negotiable" watermark
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined by federal regulation
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States
- Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined by federal regulation
- Checks or items prohibited by the Credit Union's current procedures relating to the Services or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your Credit Union account
- Checks that are prohibited by the Credit Union's current Membership and Account Agreement
- Checks that are in violation of any federal or state law, rule, or regulation
How do I get help if encounter a problem?
You can call the Member Contact Center and a representative will be happy to assist you.
You may also tap on the information symbol (the "i" inside a circle) on the bottom right of the Mobile Banking App's main menu, to submit your request/question via email. For your protection, NEVER send personal account information, balances or password information. To send a secure message, login to Online Banking and click on the link for the Message Center at the top right of the page.
Are deposits made through Mobile Deposit secure?
All South Florida Educational FCU online products are secure. Your check images are only stored on your phone until you complete your deposit. SFEFCU recommends that you always password protect your mobile device and not share your password with anyone.
Can I deposit to any of my shares with Mobile Deposit?
You may only make deposits to your checking account at this time.
What are the system requirements for Mobile Deposit?
You must have the iOS App version 5.0 or higher or an Android phone operating on Google's Android operating system version 2.1 or higher. Please ensure you have the most recent version of our Mobile Banking App installed on your device.