ATM/Debit Card FAQ
The answers to the following questions are displayed underneath each question. Click on the questions to open/close the answers.
Where and how can I activate my new VISA® Debit Card?
You may activate your new card by:
- Making a withdrawal from any ATM.
- Making a purchase at any merchant cash register that requires you to enter your PIN.
You must activate your card before restaurants, hotels and airlines will accept it for payment.
How do I report my card lost or stolen?
Instructions on the type of card you need to report can be found on our Contact Us page.
What is a Point of Sale (POS) transaction?
A Point of Sale (POS) transaction occurs when a retail purchase is made with an ATM Card or VISA® Debit Card that requires the use of a personal identification number (PIN).
Can I use my VISA® Debit Card and have the purchase debited from my Prime Savings account?
No, the VISA® Debit Card will only debit purchases from your Checking Account. If used with your PIN number at an ATM, you may withdraw funds from either checking or savings.
What transfer limits apply to my Prime Savings account?
Federal regulations, in effect for over ten (10) years, limit the following transactions:
- Automatic overdraft transfers from prime savings to clear checks.
- Automatic overdraft transfers from prime savings to clear ACH withdrawals.
- Online Banking withdrawals or transfers from prime savings.
- Bank-by-Phone withdrawals or transfers from prime savings.
- Point of Sale (POS) purchases made from prime savings.
- ACH withdrawals from prime savings.
Once you have completed six of the above transactions (in any combination) during one calendar month, a service charge will be charged per transfer to pay incoming checks or ACH electronic charges. Only three of the six can be POS purchases from your prime savings account. If your monthly limit of six is exceeded for two consecutive months, future attempts to complete any of the above transactions during the same month will be denied. This will cause the checks or ACH items to be returned unpaid. Transfers and withdrawals at an ATM are not affected.
For more detailed information, please review the Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure.