My Miami Holiday Art Contest Guidelines
ELIGIBILITY. All students' kindergarten through 12th grade are eligible to participate in the My Miami Holiday Art Contest. A student may develop an entry inside or outside of school. SFEFCU employees and their families are not eligible to participate.
GRADE DIVISIONS. Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade ~ Elementary School: Grades K-5; Middle School: Grades 6-8; High School: Grades 9-12.
- Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year's theme may be submitted.
- Original artwork must be 8" x 10" on paper or canvas. Works of art must be hand-drawn or painted. Digitally designed art will not be accepted.
- Each entry must be the original unpublished work of one student only. An adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student's work. The work itself must be the creative product of one student only. Only one student may be recognized as the award recipient for each entry.
- Each entry must contain an original title and all entries must include an artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include at least 5 words and not exceed 25 words.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited.
- One entry form per artwork, per student. The entry form must be completed in its entirety. All students must sign their entry form and if the student is 18 years and under a parent/guardian must sign.
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE. Submit the My Miami Holiday Art Contest entry form and one photo image of artwork with your submission to email@example.com. Image is used for artwork identification and judging. Accepted file formats: JPEG, JPG, GIF, or PNG. MyMiami Art Contest only accepts electronic submissions for entry forms and artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. My Miami Holiday Art Contest entries will NOT be accepted in our SFEFCU branches. The deadline for artwork submissions is 5 p.m. (EST) on May 17, 2019. Upon submission into the My Miami Holiday Art Contest, the original artwork becomes the property of SFEFCU. Please keep all original artwork after submission. My Miami Holiday Art contest winners are REQUIRED to submit original artwork to SFEFCU.
By submitting artwork to the "My Miami Holiday Art Contest," entrants accept and agree to be bound by the official rules for participation as well as the entry requirements for their division. Any violation of these rules may, at SFEFCU discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the My Miami Holiday Art Contest judging committee regarding this program are final and binding in all respects. Original artwork will be collected if and when you are selected as a winner.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Entries are reviewed locally by a committee of art and academic professionals. The artwork will be reviewed through a "blind-judging" process removing entrant's name, school and grade. My Miami Holiday Art Contest judging committee will use a designated rubric point system which covers how well the student uses their artistic vision to portray the theme, their originality, creativity and technique. My Miami Holiday Art Contest program restricts the use of alcohol, tobacco, firearms or like content or subject matter in artwork. Under no condition may parents or students contact the My Miami Holiday Art Contest judging committee or SFEFCU to dispute the status or score of any entry. All My Miami Holiday Art contest winners are REQUIRED to submit original artwork in order to be showcased in the exhibition. My Miami Holiday Art Contest judging committee in its sole discretion will select finalists for exhibition, SFEFCU will provide awards and prizes. Awards are announced by May 31, 2019.
OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. Ownership of any entry into this program constitutes entrant's irrevocable permission and consent that SFEFCU may display, copy, reproduce, enhance, print, sublicense, publish, distribute and create derivative works for SFEFCU purposes. SFEFCU is not responsible for lost or damaged entries. Submission of entry into the My Miami Holiday Art Contest program constitutes acceptance of all rules and conditions.
PARTICIPATING ENTITIES. This program is administered by the South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union.