We are continuing to take appropriate steps to protect our members and employees from the spread of COVID-19 following CDC recommendations. As a precautionary measure, effective Monday, March 23, South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union will be limiting services at all branch locations as follows:
The select branches listed below will be open for drive-thru services from:
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Thursday
9 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Friday
9 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Saturday
|Miami Gardens||18975 NW 2nd Avenue (US441)|
|27th Avenue||2310 SW 27th Avenue|
|Kendall||7800 SW 117th Avenue|
|Palmetto Bay||17500 S. Dixie Highway|
We expect the increased traffic in our drive-thru lanes may cause longer than normal wait times. We appreciate your patience as we work to serve you as quickly as possible. Drive-thru services can support deposits, withdrawals and the purchase of cashier's checks.
All branches will have limited lobby services by appointment only. Please call our Member Contact Center at 305-270-5250 to schedule an appointment if you need access to any of the following services:
- Account changes / new accounts
- IRA withdrawals / transfers
- Safety Deposit access
- Notary Services
Appointments can be scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at all branches, except Downtown. Appointments for the Downtown Branch can be scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. In an effort to follow regulatory guidelines and not gather in groups of more than 10 people, appointments will be limited to a first come, first serve basis.
If you are in need of a loan, call our Lending Center at 305-273-LOAN (5626) or our Mortgage Department at 305-270-5256, to discuss how we may be of assistance. If you need help managing payments on an existing SFEFCU loan, call our Credit Solutions Department at 305-270-5215.
As a reminder, many services can be performed through Online Banking and our Mobile App. Click on the links below for helpful tutorials regarding:
- Activating your Online Banking Account
- How to Log into Mobile Banking and Use Remote Deposit
- How to Complete Member-to-Member Transfers
We are here for you
Your well-being is our priority and we are committed to the health and safety of our members, employees and community. We are all facing challenges, but as your Credit Union, you can always count on us for support. To assist our members during these difficult times, we are enhancing some of our services to include the following:
- Daily Debit Card ATM withdrawal limits will increase to $800, and point-of-sale purchases will increase to $3,500.
- For minors, daily Debit Card ATM limits will increase to $300, and point-of-sale purchases will increase to $1,000.
- Online Banking, Member-to-Member transfer limits will increase to $3,500 daily.
- Remote Deposit immediate fund availability will increase to $500.
In addition, we are implementing the following change:
- Share Certificate early withdrawal penalties will be waived on certificate withdrawals. However, IRS penalties may still apply.
As our preparations and plans continue to unfold, please continue to visit our website and social media pages for updates. Thank you for your patience, your understanding and your cooperation during this challenging time, and please be safe.
South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union Team