Selecting the right checking account isn’t as simple as you may think. Most financial institutions
offer many different types of checking accounts. You may find an account that fits your needs, but if you
aren’t careful you could end up with an account that doesn’t match your personal banking habits and
that could cost you a bundle in service charges.
South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union’s FREE
Checking account is a "one size fits
all" checking account because it has everything those other checking accounts offer, all rolled into one -- PLUS,
a Credit Union checking account earns dividends
Checking accounts offer the following benefits:
- No monthly minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charges
- No per check writing service charges
- Your first box of custom credit union checks is absolutely FREE. Once you run out, click here to find out how you can reorder checks.
- Automatic deposits available through direct deposit
- FREE Publix and CO-OP ATM withdrawals
- FREE Online Banking and Bill Pay
- FREE Bank-by-Phone
- Overdraft Protection from your Prime Savings and/or Personal Line of Credit
- Courtesy Pay is provided on many checking accounts. Checks that draw your account negative or recurring automated transactions such as monthly utility bills, are automatically covered by Courtesy Pay.
- Once you have a Checking account, you are eligible to apply for a VISA® Debit Card.
To open a checking account, come into any branch
and speak to a Specialty Services Representative today.
Web sites with educational information on checks and checking accounts: